One Mama Duck

Crafting my way through life - one adventure at a time.

Hi! I'm LisaDV. Thanks for stopping by. This is my life, crazy and chaotic most of the time, and I wouldn't change a thing.

Sunday, December 13, 2015

I'm finished. at least emotionally

My Daily December:

It's done me in!  I'm so over this construction already. The contractor and workers are terrific. They've busted and moved, and I'm super-duper impressed with them. But even if they pull out with their end complete by December 23rd, there is still painting to be done and window wear to be hung and furniture to move in.  But what got me this week was that after clearing the spaces originally told to us so they could work, I was given 3 new areas that needed to be freed up.  With 2 bedrooms and the hall and the basement cleared to the shed, our already cramped bedroom, a hall closet and the main living area.  HOW pray tell do you expect me to clear those areas in the main living area and where would you like it to go?  I guess I forgot to tell you that I don't have a magic wand. The next thing to get me was that I won't be able to put up decorations for Christmas. This is my girl's first Christmas knowing there is no Santa, so I wanted it to be extra special. This IS NOT extra special. It's a special sort of disarray that even us in our chaotic and crazy adventures we consider a horrible mess of YUK.  And for us, that's saying something.

It's also my co-op break which I was hoping to devote more school time since we'd have a whole extra day. Of course, with the the construction, everything has been strained to say the least.  Also, I like to get some crafting in during the break and I'll be hard-pressed to get the room back in order before the new year.  I was hoping to do some cards for Christmas but that is not going to happen.

And to top it all off, I ordered tickets to the local Nutcracker ballet. I had it in my mind as the 12th and even written on the calendar. We (my daughter and myself) were all excited.  She was asking on the evening of the 11th about the tickets (it was probably 10:00pm). I took them off the refrigerator and showed them to her and saw. They were for the 11th at 7:30pm.  I've cried more than once at my blunder.  I'm usually the responsible one.  The girl with the planner.  Not so much this time.  So we'll be attempting a run to Grand Rapids to see the ballet there.

I have to remember that it's all worth it in the end!  So, so, so, SO VERY worth it.  Yes, embrace that. Stop the worry.  Don't beat myself up over the mistakes that are bound to be part of this unrest now.

Remember the true meaning of Christmas is that we have a Savior that came to this earth so that we might be saved and live forever. Talk about a joyous time of year even without decorations.




No comments:

Post a Comment